Permit Process


Permits are required before beginning all construction within the Township.  Manor Township does enforce the Uniform Construction Code (Pennsylvania State Construction Code).  Also, please check if you have any deed restrictions and also check with your Home Owners Association before applying for a permit, if applicable.

Zoning Permits are issued to ensure compliance with the Zoning Ordinance and Building Permits are issued to ensure compliance with the Uniform Construction Code.   Many projects will require both a Zoning Permit and a Building Permit.  Other permits may be required depending on the improvement or activity proposed, such as Grading Permits, Driveway Permits, Sign Permits, Demolition Permits, and Storm Water Management approval.  More information and permit applications can be found on the Applications page or you can obtain an application at the township office.


Submit a fully completed Zoning/Building Permit Application (and any other required permit applications) to the Township Office with proper payment.  Be sure to include all required information and any supporting documentation that is needed.  Once a Zoning Permit is issued, depending on the type of project, a Building Permit may be required.  If this is the case, you will need to submit two (2) complete sets of building plans and any other required information.  The plans will be reviewed by Commonwealth Code Inspection Service (CCIS) and if approved a Building Permit will be issued along with the Zoning Permit.  CCIS will invoice the applicant for the plan review and applicable inspection costs.  Once the appropriate permits are issued, the applicant will be required to arrange for the proper inspections.  When all inspections, reviews, and payments are completed, a Use and Occupancy Permit will be issued.

*The above is a basic breakdown of the process.  Each project is unique and could vary from the above description (storm water requirements, grading, zoning approvals, etc).