During the fall of 2022, the Manor Township Public Works Department collected 324 truckloads of leaves, which weighed over 500 tons. Curbside collection for 2023 is scheduled to begin the week of October 16, 2023.
Curbside collection for 2023 is scheduled to begin the week of October 16, 2023.
Leaf collection will be completed for the season on Monday, December 4, 2023.
Residents who live along Millersville Road and Columbia Avenue will receive leaf collection on the following weeks: October 23 November 6, and 20, and December 4.
Each year, we remind our residents to follow these simple guidelines:
- Leaves must be placed in a row along the edge of the street
- Leaves must be loose and not bagged for collection.
- Tree branches, bush trimmings, plants, grass clippings, and ornamental grass are prohibited and will not be accepted. (NOTE: This type of yard waste may be disposed at the Frey Farm Landfill on River Road. Free yard waste passes to the landfill are available for MANOR RESIDENTS only at our Township office).
- Leaves must be accessible to the collection crew.
- Leaves that are obstructed by parked vehicles will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed on storm water drains. Residents are encouraged to help to keep streets from flooding by keeping storm drains open so storm water can drain into the collection system.
Township residents not serviced by curbside collection may bring their leaves to the Township’s Leaf Compost Facility for free disposal, Monday thru Wednesday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., starting on October 16 and continuing until December 6.
The first route begins in West Fairway and proceeds through the following neighborhoods: Fairway Park, West Lancaster, Manor Ridge, Wilshire Hills, Woods Edge, Holland Hills, Timson Hills, Parkfield, Eagle Path, and Washington Boro.
The second route begins along Stone Mill Road and proceeds through the following neighborhoods: Colonial Manor, West Ridge, Woodgate, Bowling Green, Georgetown Hills, Leaf Park, Breezewood, Springdale Farms, Manor Oaks, Perth Hills, LeTort Manor, and Shadowstone.
Weather permitting, each crew will begin the above-mentioned routes each week starting on Monday mornings and continue in sequence until each area is covered.
November 29, 2023
The following areas have been completed for this week:
Millersville Road, Columbia Avenue, West Fairway, Fairway Park, West Lancaster, Manor Ridge, Wilshire Hills, Woods Edge, Holland Hills, Stone Mill Road, Colonial Manor, West Ridge, Woodgate, Bowling Green, Georgetown Hills, Leaf Park, and Breezewood.
Please have leaves curbside on Monday morning, December 4 for the final collection.