During the Fall of 2021, the Manor Township Public Works Department collected 280 truckloads of leaves, which weighed over 500 tons of leaves for recycling.
Curbside collection for 2022 is scheduled to begin the week of October 17, 2022.
Leaf collection will be completed for the season on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
Residents who live along Millersville Road and Columbia Avenue will receive leaf collection on the following weeks: October 24, November 7, and 21, and December 5.
Each year, we remind our residents to follow these simple guidelines:
- Leaves must be placed in a row along the edge of the street.
- Leaves must be loose and not bagged for collection.
- Tree branches, bush trimmings, plants, grass clippings and ornamental grass are prohibited and will not be accepted. (NOTE: This type of yard waste may be disposed at the Frey Farm Landfill on River Road. Free yard waste passes to the landfill are available for MANOR RESIDENTS only at our Township office).
- Leaves must be accessible to the collection crew.
- Leaves that are obstructed by parked vehicles will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed on storm water drains. Residents are encouraged to help to keep streets from flooding by keeping storm drains open so storm water can drain into the collection system.
Township residents not serviced by curbside collection may bring their leaves to the Township’s Leaf Compost Facility for free disposal, Monday thru Wednesday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., starting on October 17 and continuing until December 7. Leaves will be accepted loose or in approved biodegradable bags only.
Weather permitting, each crew will begin the above-mentioned routes each week starting on Monday mornings and continue in sequence until each area is covered.
The last leaf collection will occur on December 7th.