December 5, 2018
Leaf collection has been completed for this year.
Curbside leaf collection is scheduled to begin the week of October 22nd and typically concludes the first full week of December.
The first few weeks of leaf collection is completed with one crew due to the small amount of leaves available for collection. As that number increases, the Public Works Department will then use two crews to do the bulk of the work. The first crew begins their route along Stone Mill Road and then proceeds south through Colonial Manor, West Ridge, Bowling Green, Georgetown Hills, Leaf Park, Breezewood, Springdale Farms, Manor Oaks and Shadowstone. The second crew will begin its collection route in the West Fairway area that includes West Fairway Drive, Joseph Road and Kent Road. They will then proceed to Fairway Park, West Lancaster, Manor Ridge, Wilshire Hills, Woods Edge, Holland Hills, Parkfield, Washington Boro, Letort Manor and Perth Hills.
Weather permitting, each crew will begin the above mentioned routes each week starting on Monday mornings and continue in sequence until each area is covered.
Residents who live along Millersville Road and Columbia Avenue will receive leaf collection on the following weeks: October 29th, November 12th and 19th and December 3rd.
Each year, we remind our residents to follow these simple guidelines:
- Leaves must be placed in a row along the edge of the street.
- Leaves must be loose and not bagged for collection.
- Tree branches, bush trimmings, plants, grass clippings and ornamental grass are prohibited and will not be accepted. (NOTE: This type of yard waste may be disposed at the Frey Farm Landfill on River Road. Free yard waste passes to the landfill are available for RESIDENTS only at our Township office).
- Leaves must be accessible to the collection crew.
- Leaves that are obstructed by parked vehicles will not be collected.
- Leaves should not be placed on stormwater drains.
Township residents not serviced by curbside collection may bring their leaves to the Township’s NEW Leaf Compost Facility located at 2996 Charlestown Road, Lancaster for free disposal Monday through Wednesday between 8AM and 3PM, starting on October 22nd and continuing until December 5th. Leaves will be accepted loose or in approved biodegradable bags only.
Saturday hours are as follows: 9AM-Noon on
- September 29th
- October 13th & 27th
- November 10th & 17th
- December 1st