During the fall of 2019, the Manor Township Public Works Department collected 249 truckloads of leaves, that weighed over 500 tons.
Curbside collection for 2020 is scheduled to begin the week of October 19, 2020.
Leaf collection will be completed for the season on Monday, December 7, 2020.
Residents can check for daily leaf collection information. Curbside collection typically concludes the first full week of December.
Residents who live along Millersville Road and Columbia Avenue will receive leaf collection on the following weeks: October 26th, November 9th and 23rd, and December 7th.
The first few weeks of leaf collection is completed with one crew due to the small amount of leaves available for collection. As that number increases, the Public Works Department will then use two crews to do the bulk of the work. The first crew begins their route along Stone Mill Road and then proceeds south through Colonial Manor, West Ridge, Bowling Green, Georgetown Hills, Leaf Park, Breezewood, Springdale Farms, Manor Oaks and Shadowstone. The second crew will begin its collection route in the West Fairway area that includes West Fairway Drive, Joseph Road and Kent Road. They will then proceed to Fairway Park, West Lancaster, Manor Ridge, Wilshire Hills, Woods Edge, Holland Hills, Parkfield, Washington Boro, Letort Manor and Perth Hills.
Weather permitting, each crew will begin the above mentioned routes each week starting on Monday mornings and continue in sequence until each area is covered.
Each year, we remind our residents to follow these simple guidelines:
- Leaves must be placed in a row along the edge of the street.
- Leaves must be loose and not bagged for collection.
- Tree branches, bush trimmings, plants, grass clippings and ornamental grass are prohibited and will not be accepted. (NOTE: This type of yard waste may be disposed at the Frey Farm Landfill on River Road. Free yard waste passes to the landfill are available for MANOR RESIDENTS only at our Township office).
- Leaves must be accessible to the collection crew.
- Leaves that are obstructed by parked vehicles will not be collected.
- Leaves must not be placed on storm water drains. Residents are encouraged to help to keep streets from flooding by keeping storm drains open so storm water can drain into the collection system.
Township residents not serviced by curbside collection may bring their leaves to the Township’s Leaf Compost Facility for free disposal, Monday thru Wednesday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., starting on October 19th and continuing until December 9th. Leaves will be accepted loose or in approved biodegradable bags only.
December 2, 2020
The following areas have been completed for this week
Leaf collection has been completed for the week.
The last leaf collection will occur on December 7.